First graders join Carmen the Cool Cat as they work together to understand the difference between feelings and actions, celebrate diversity, and discover basic skills for communicating effectively. Children learn how to manage angry feelings and treat one another with respect through role-play and sharing activities.
TGFV Grade 1 Teacher’s Manual provides scripted lessons for easy use and employs symbols to help navigate placement while teaching. TGFV Grade 1 Teacher’s Manual includes:
- Seven 45 to 50-minute research based lessons, completely scripted and conveniently presented in a three-ring binder, making them easy to use and enjoyable to teach.
- A detailed Framework for Prevention: Tips & resources for involving parents and the community
- Interactive lessons with clearly-stated measurable objectives and a list of materials needed to teach the lesson.
- A parent component, “Home Workout: Exercises for Parents and Kids”, extending prevention skills and messages into the home.
- A “Looking for More?” section with suggestions for infusion, recommended reading, and additional activities for reinforcing important concepts and skills.
- A pre- and post-test as well as an achievement award.
Discontinued - No Longer Available
is back-ordered. We will ship it separately in 10 to 15 days.